After a trip to our local craft store and finding a blog post to semi-follow by Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans ... here is my tutorial
Once you figure out the colors you will like to use, how comes the fun part! I used the rolls because you are suppose to cut the strips 6" wide, which is basically the width of the spool.
For cutting the lengths, I measured out mine to 24" and Caroline's out to 18" (since she is shorter than me). After I measured out one strip, I used that to cut the rest. It took me a total of 36 strips. Now that was divided between the 3 different colors.
WARNING ** You WILL have glitter everywhere if you use glittered tulle, but what tutu doesn't have glitter! I am still vacuuming up glitter about 3 weeks later.
Take 1/4 width elastic and cut it to fit your natural waist. Make it a little snug but realize that you can adjust it since you will only tie this into a knot. Now, I divided my color strips into 3 separate piles. Placing my legs through my elastic, I began to tie on my tulle. I tied mine on looping it in half, taking the looped end under the elastic then feeding the loose ends through the loop. This way the loop laid flat. This way, the 'knot' that is formed would lay on the outside.
Here are our completed tutus!!!! I don't think I have ever tried an easier project. I wouldn't think twice about attempting to make another one. Plus, it only took me about $12 in supplies and I have enough green, blue, pink tulle and elastic for another.
![]() |
| Tinker Bell and Aurora themed |
![]() |
| Ready to go for Color Me Rad, Nashville |
Happy crafting (and running),
Good Golly







No comments:
Post a Comment