Wednesday, October 16, 2013

somethin' 'bout beer sittin on ice


When one of your dearest friends invites you to lunch, you really never know what will be gossiped about. Emily and I had not been able to grab lunch or coffee in a quick minute. Especially when the two friends used to spend at least two days a week together in extra curriculars.

During lunch, Emily mentioned Adam and I joining her and Thomas for the 17th Annual Knoxville Brewers' Jam. I could have never imagined how much fun we had. When you both love beer and your degree is in Food Science, why wouldn't you pay and go! You have bands playing all day and beer on tap from 1pm until 5!
 
Brewers' Jam was right after Mom and Dad's Kentucky Bourbon Trail trip ... and look what was in Knoxville. If you want to try a really good beer - go to your local liquor store and find Kentucky Bourbon Ale. You will not be let down.

Lastly, my brother-in-law has always told me to try the Andygator by Abita Brewing Co. since my sister has gotten me to love Purple Haze. I hadn't been able to find it at my grocery store and thankfully, Abita had it on tap.

So after a handful of hours of drinking craft and/or high-gravity beers, Adam and I were ready for a yummy dinner at no other place than Nama.

Cheers,
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment