Monday, May 14, 2012

Like My Mother does

My beautiful Mama!

 People have always called me a tiny version of my mama and actually just this week I have been reminded twice! Of course, I have always shot them down! As the days pass and I get ready in my mirror ... I realize I am her.
  
I know I usually am fighting with her and calling her Pam when she drives me crazy. But after spending a girls weekend with her, I realize that 'mamas' are hard to find. One that you can be honest with when jean shopping turns into crying or when you receive the reality check to ask that boy to a date party.

I have her little eyes, smile, laugh ... and early clear hairs! I've never met a stranger and I struggle with the same issues. I also know that she is one of the strongest women I know. I also know that if at 54 years young I can be half the lady she is I will count myself successful.
 
- Marrying an amazing man, father, and best friend 
- Being married for 32 years (and still going strong)
- Have healthy children
- Work hard each and every day
- Be a well educated women
- Find something you love and do it as often as possible
- Cook for my family
- Lastly, be the strong, southern women who always remembers to say 'Praise God!'

"I hear people saying ... I'm starting to look like my mother does!"

So Mama, Happy Mother's Day!

I know I don't say it enough but I love you very much. I can only hope for many more of these. I think college helped us. And I hope I make you proud each and every day.

(Sorry it's a day late being posted)

xoxo,
Good Golly

1 comment:

  1. Oh Molly, thank you for such wonderful praise. It has been my honor to be your mother. You have been such a joy to raise. Now spread your wings a little wider and soar this summer! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete