Saturday, May 19, 2012

Beans, beans ... they are good for your heart!

But seriously. Please eat some beans!

I have recently completed my first week at Bush Brothers & Company. If I could hand pick an internship, there is no way I could have picked this one. Bush is one amazing company to be working for and I consider myself blessed to be there for 13 weeks. Hopefully, these next 12 weeks will be equally amazing as this past one. Yes, there have been moments of a lot of brain power but I am learning so much for my future. I witnessed my first 'cutting' Friday on a product. I see now why those that were paticipating used 'spitters' instead of actually eating beans. 3 cuttings a week with about 12/13 test cans ... quickly over those beans. Also, on Tuesday & Wednesday I took a HACCP certification course (hazard analysis critical control point aka knowing where in a production line chemical, biological, and physical hazards can enter and how we can prevent them)

I received my project on Tuesday and will be working on it 100% starting Monday. My supervisor and I made phone calls Friday to get the ball rolling. This arriving Tuesday, the interns and I have the opportunity to see a 'Day in the Life of the Business' plus lunch with the current president (Eeek. No pressure, right?!). The more people I met, the more I love this company. The members of RD&I (research development and innovation) are so different yet always helpful, friendly, and make me want to go to work everyday. Isn't that what it is all about?!

* Side Note: If I talk about this internship to you in person, just ask what   
Three Letter Acronyms stand for ... we use them quite often. *

Yes, working 8-5 can be a little routine but since some days I will be in meetings, others in the labs, and some spent in the plant, it keeps me on my toes. Plus people are always dropping by my office, yes my office, just to introduce themselves and welcome me to the company. Who would have thought interns actually get treated equally?! We go to meetings, get similar projects, and can run production lines! 

This internship might be all summer ... but I can't wait!!!! 




With much anticipation,
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment