A SENIOR IN COLLEGE,
what the what
It is already that time ... I am quickly approaching the internship of a lifetime, my 21st birthday, the final two semesters of my undergraduate career, one last sorority recruitment, my last fall in Neyland student sections, Mal & Caleb's wedding and so many more benchmark events
So let's travel down memory lane ...
4 years ago
This past weekend I was at my senior prom and days away from graduation. My biggest stress was making sure I attended all the graduation parties and got my thank-you cards written and mailed. I spent my summer at Bethany Hills or babysitting two separate families ... one made me want to never talk to kids again and the other one was a breeze!
3 years ago
Freshman year of college and actually only 5 pounds lighter (#winning). I became a member of one of the greatest sisterhoods I could have asked for. I could not image my college career without those women, those letters, and all those memories! I became wonderful friends with my roommate (who is actually my roommate still to this day)! This is also the crazy year for a few reasons ... I ran a half-marathon with Dad but some need not be name.
2 years ago
Only a sophomore in college ... no big deal! LIES - too bad it turned into my hardest course load ever, a new major, and many new friends. Sophomore year was the year I choose to apply to be a Gamma Chi recruitment counselor and because of that 2 page application, my life changed drastically. Participated in All-Sing turned into meeting a group of guys that have turned into great friends! Nights in Laurel running into and out of pledge sisters' rooms, getting ready for mixers and date parties together, and simply being a bunch of 19/20 year old girls (not ladies or women but just some 'teenage' girls)!
this last year
I moved into a semi-big girl apartment with 3 wonderful girls. I couldn't image this year without them! Even though at times, I know we get annoyed with each other - I love them to death clearly Lyndsey and Catherine will be my roommates again next year. I truly fell in love with Food Science, completed Organic Chemistry 4-eva (that means celebrating, no questions), became a Vice President of Panhellenic and a Gamma Chi, again and MALLORY GOT ENGAGED (kind of a big deal around here). Snagged the product development internship with Bush Brothers (yes, the bean company). Another year of All-Sing with my favorite fellas, one small apartment break-in, many movie nights and mimossa at midnight ... but hey we are only in college once.So as I sit here on my only Wednesday of summer vacay, I cannot believe that in literally 365 days from today I will be a graduate of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Go Vols!). HOLY COW! I cannot wait for my final two semesters, my classes, times with my friends, football games in Neyland Stadium, singing the Alma Mater one last time, hearing the Tennessee Waltz after every game, and making one last walk to the Ag campus.
This is Tennessee and I will always yell Go Vols and wear the Volunteer flag and colors proudly. So here is my final year of college and having absolutely no idea where these coming months will take me. I know my family and friends have my back and will support any path the Lord takes me.
Be grateful y'all,
Good Golly
No comments:
Post a Comment