Is this real life ... but seriously.
After a month spent on the go traveling to basically a different state every weekend, finally I was enjoying a weekend at home to celebrate Easter with my family. During this semester, I have applied for an internship with a very well-known food company here in Knoxville. I read the application a tad differently and never dreamed I, the junior with a year ahead of me and not the best grades, would have a chance up against PhD and Graduate students plus those students days away from graduation.Luckily, I am pleased to say I will be interning this summer with Bush Brothers and Company!
But flash back to my weekend at home ...
I had begun to talk myself into thinking I would not be receiving this opportunity. So I took it upon myself to e-mail some breweries and beverage groups in Memphis to see if they even had interns. Via e-mails, I have spoken to this wonderful man [we'll call him Jim] who was so eager to interview me and talk about this possibility of having an intern! They had never had one before and all I kept thinking to myself was ...
"Oh yeah!!! And internship, literally in my dream job. And this is happening
at 20 years old. Wow, am I starting off strong or what!!!!"
Jim started to share this with friend but ... "drink any beer you want EXCEPT Anheuser Busch-Inbev products. They are off limits … Coors Lt, Miller Lite, Keystone Light, PBR, High Life, Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Heineken, Newcastle, and EVERY OTHER BEER SOLD IN THE US is OK!" Why, because this is America?!?!
(insert: USA chant) But seriously, we should because they are the better beers.
But honestly, if there is anything I have already learned. It is the following ...
1. There is nothing more gratifying than seeing someone
want you as member of their 'team'
2. Take a risk - step out there (something great
could literally be right behind that door)
3. Be confident in who Y O U are!
4. Surround yourself with individuals that love you and support you.
(There was nothing cooler than having family and friends
be equally if not more excited than I was.)
I leave you with this Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." This is a powerful message from the Lord but one that I easily forget about. After I began this week as a major Debby Downer, I know that the Lord will do anything He deems important and necessary. He will always pull us thru whatever he places us into. He works in mysterious ways, ya know ... ways that we cannot typically understand.
Congratulations to all of you out there with new adventures! And you who believe you are without, take a deep breath, bow your head and "don't forget what your knees are for"!
Doors are opening, look for 'em,
Good Golly
No comments:
Post a Comment