Friday, February 24, 2012

All the times we had together

friends since girl scouts & elementary school



Yes - "Graduation (Friends Forever)" by Vitamin C


Emily & I at junior prom





or the episode of Laguna Beach from season 1
"Goodbye to You" by Michelle Branch





Friendships are always beginning and ending. Like every other girl in this world, our best friends usually changed with the seasons or at the very least between each grade in school. 

Take the wonderful women in these above pictures. I have known some from over a decade and others for only a few years. Somehow between all of our other organizations, we drifted apart. Now we are all doing many different things ... I'm in Knoxville being Greek studying FST, Lana is at MTSU studying music & doing drum corps, the twins are at Alabama doing Color Guard, Emily is back in Memphis at UTHCS. I have no doubt we are all going to achieve wonderful things but it's weird to think that only five years ago, we were enjoying life in Germantown. Being kids! Thinking that staying out until the lights turned to flash, playing frisbee late night at the parks, or being a 'rebel' when you didn't tell you parents the whole truth!


Courtney & me on the way to Knoxville
After meeting my twin, Anna, we went thru a couple rough times and ended up parting ways. I was heart broken and felt a tiny bit alone. Yes, shocking. Miss Social Butterfly, not being about to talk to someone. Luckily, I got the opportunity to sit by a mutual friend in Chemistry class. Even though Courtney and I are in different cities, now. There is nothing I love more than our rando text messages and FB posts on our birthdays. She was a great friend. We experienced many things from boys, dances, school, and the loss of a parent. Sadly, Courtney is a year older than me and graduated. We are still in touch but yet again living our lives, which sadly are traveling farther apart with each day. But thanks to her, I learned the importance of life, love, laughter, and my favorite t.v. show One Tree Hill.

At BB camp - day 1
Me, Tess, & Sasha in Baltimore
At the start of junior year, I met an amazing young lady. She lives exactly 2 ipod songs away and during the summer close enough that my car doesn't have time to cool down. We met via Bridge Builders as members of Team Teal Carpenters. I couldn't have asked or hoped for a better person to come into my life. Sasha made me growth in a direction I could have only dreamed about. One that was full of faith, love (and a lot of it), pictures, laughter, and enjoying the things I truly liked. We spend our junior and senior year attending plays at The Orpheum theater, seeing movies, watching her younger siblings, attempting to cook [once], a few nights of star gazing and many days spent by the pool.

As the adventure of college was approaching, Sasha went to Baylor in Waco, TX and I went to UT in Knoxville, TN. I am pretty sure I cried the most the night Sasha drove away from my driveway. I seriously felt like I was dumped by the love of my life. Currently, we don't talk as often as I would like but it's the text message or phone calls out of the blue that show how much we really care. We always catch right back up and I know she'll be in my life forever. (Sasha: congrats on SOS!!!)

In the Fall of 2009, I being a new member of the chapter of my dreams. I was told I would make all these new friendships and have so much fun. Looking back these last 2 and a half years, I never would have imagined this is how my life would have turned out.The friendships, lessons learned, nights spent studying, social events, and the shoulders I can cry upon.


So this post is for the women [and men] who have influenced my life and are molding me into the women I could have only dreamed to become ... thanks, y'all! I couldn't have done it without every single one of you.




And lastly, my amazing family!
Yes along the way there have been many other amazing girlfriends (you know who you are) and so many wonderful pledge sisters. It was walking into your rooms in Laurel just to vent or ask if an outfit was cute. It is having them do your make-up for a date or giving you the run down from their night out. Just because I didn't say your name directly or there is not a picture - you know who you are! I love you.

 
Thanks (times a million),
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment