We finally start the semester and only three days in and we have a Monday off already. Yahooo!!! So far, I have not had to experience the dreaded "Mondays".
So as I start my 3 day weekend, I give you 3 things you can be doing.
1. Enjoy your roommates!
I have not seen mine since finals, which means I really only saw them a few times a week. So here we are back in Knoxville and what better than a day with these 3 ladies. So we took a day trip to Chattanooga. Best IDEA Catherine has ever had. We woke up to the birds so we had plenty of time. Our day started with a nice hour & a half road trip from campus. (I now know why Chatt kids go home so often - it's the perfect distance away). Once in Chattanooga, we started our aquarium visit on the river side. It was so cool to see various animals found in my home state and swimming in our great river.
After a few hours spent walking thru the aquarium (and listening to some very annoying kiddos), we were starving. As we set in the sunshine Urban Spoon'ing (an app you should download if you enjoy eating out or traveling) somewhere close by to eat. A great restaurant known for vegan, local and fresh menu items. We went to The Blue Plate (which if you're from my hometown in a diner but this one it totally opposite). It was so yummy. Lyndsey & I ordered the pancakes with applewood bacon. It was a true 'cake' with some powdered sugar on top and served with homemade butter.
Catherine & Jasmine ordered the fish tacos. The homemade tomato/onion/pepper salsa and avocado butter looked and smelled so good. I'm a fish fan but NOT fish taco. It quickly changed my mind. I couldn't have asked for a better lunch.
2. Gym, tan, laundry
Okay - not the Mtv show Jersey Shore (fist pump) But start your week off on a good note. Having a clean and organized room makes you feel better and let's you start this semester off ready to take on your classes & busy life. Hit the gym to keep your New Year Resolution in sync or maybe you're counting down to Spring Break (63 days, fyi)!!! While we have some free time instead of laying around and only watching t.v. / eating, take this spare time (that is a rarity in college) and hit the park or school gym. Yes, it's a little busy with all the resolution'ers but if you want to make this a great year for yourself ... Don't let them hold you back!
3. Don't get behind
I can't believe I am saying this BUT with a new semester beginning, it's important to remember all the things you said after you got your final grades back last semester. I know for me it was ... "Molly get it together!" So since I finally have some days without meetings, practices or work I am spending it reading for Food Chemistry and taking microbiology quizzes. Yes, nerdy alert but at least I know I can't behind for a few days.
Luckily, as much as I am glad that I can get caught up on school work and printing out notes. I also get the opportunity to work on a great community service event. MLK day is a day of service and thank goodness I get the chance to help build a house for the ABC television network show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - I am so excited for the chance to help a very deserving family in my community. And it's even more exiting because it is a Thanksgiving special to air in November, 2012 (which means it truely is one of the last episodes of the series). Tennessee isn't called the Volunteer State for nothing ... I can't wait to show our nation that we really take our state motto to heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment