Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tis the season ...

A new season has just begun. A season full of joy and laughter, one of a little hope and some faith. One of courage and strength, and one full of fellowship. Yes, this is also known as football season. Or to some (myself included) the best time of the year! As much as I love my Summer full of beach vacations, fireworks, hot weather, and my birthday; nothing beats the South and the Fall.


Obviously, I was a girl raised by a man that has an unnatural obsession with Tennessee football but thanks to him I don't ask foolish questions during a game. But due to this obsession, I have grown-up waving an orange and white pom-pom! Now yes, my team had enough rain delays and I was too wet to stay and watch my Vols take the field. As I sit here listening to the UT vs. Montana game (current score 28-7 @ the half), I am beyond excited that football has come back into my life. My best friend kept saying today, "Today is better than Christmas morning!" I think there are no truer words. Nothing beats hearing Rocky Top, seeing the VolWalk, reading the painted Rock, or seeing that power 'T" formed.

So if your team started their season on Thursday (Hail State!) or earlier this morning (War Eagle - even though y'all barely won), cheer for your boys of fall loud and proud! There is no better day than one spent dawning your college team color's, listening to music, and having a some 'old friend' in hand. So welcome this season with open arms because everyone else is.

Maybe you chomp your arms together like a fool, clang an annoying cowbell, or wear the orange & white ... do it loud and proud because this season does not last forever.

Go Big Orange!!!!!
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment