Thursday, September 29, 2011

Autumn leaves and a crisp breeze

Don't misunderstand me. I am a Southern girl tride and true but other than summertime a true Southern gal loves the Fall! In true fashion, I cannot believe that Fall is here. It's time to pull out sweaters, scarfs, boots, boots, and more boots, along with warm beverages and enjoyable tailgates.

My wonderful family at the UT vs. Montana game!




 As Fall as 'officially' begun, now all I'm looking for are amazing Fall fashions. I have found my '5 Fall Must Haves for 2011'.

1. Boots - As I said earlier, there is no better time of year to get a pair of boots. Some can pull them off in the Summer/Spring. I am sadly not one of those girls. (How I wish I could rock cow-boy boots and shorts) If you don't have a good pair of boots go shopping tomorrow. I have 5 pairs and would gladly add more to my collection. I have some expensive ones and some that were reasonably priced. All I can recommend is that you treat them before their first use and I promise you, they will be worth every penny.

[Shown boots are by Steve Madden - 
I have them and fold down the top]



2. Sweater - If you know me at all, I wear cardigans year around. Even though I live in the South where we have days over 100 degrees. But nothing beats a good pull-over sweater. I typically find them at Polo, Gap, or Old Navy. If you're looking for a good cardigan try places like j.crew or Target. In my opinion, like boots you can never have too many sweaters. You can dress them way day or up AND they are ideal for layering.

[Shown sweater is by Polo - I have it in orange]



3. Trench Coat - Years ago, I found a khaki trench coat at Old Navy. I was a tad bit scared to wear it. But it was a recommendation from my mother. We bought it and I am beyond grateful for her advice. I can wear it in the Fall or Spring. And it's perfect over a dress or jeans and a sweater on those days when it's a little bit too chilly to only wear a sweater but if you wear a Winter jacket you'll look foolish - you know what I am talking about.











4. Light-weight Runner's Jacket - Honestly, not everyone runs. Promise me I did not until I was a Freshman in college. But if you are or enjoy walking outside then this is a perfect investment for you. Fall is the ideal time to run outside. You can get a nice run in without being drenched in sweat, like during the summer. They can be easily found at your local athletic stores but I have been knows to by them at Target. I have a few. Some are strictly for 'cold weather' and others are considered year around. If you are a fan of snow skiing (if only I could), they are perfect to wear over your silks as another light but warm layer. 

 [Shown mock zip is by Under Armour]


5. Cords - They are not the easier to find and most are afraid to wear them because of the "swish - swish" sound they make. You know what I am talking about. Everyone makes the noise - either at your tights or at your ankles, it happens! But when you find a style and length you like, my advice is to buy every color! I have a pair for the Gap in a chocolate brown. The color is ideal. I can wear them with so many different tops and jackets! Many different clothing companies make chords. So when you have the positive self-image day so find yourself a pair!!! (If you are like me, trying on pants is a daunting task. Take a friend for moral support!)

[Show chords are made by the Gap]








So start saving your money!!! And go shopping. Or you can be like me and already start a Christmas wish list. Best of luck finding your favorite Fall must haves.

Happy Finds,
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment