I've been planning on making a 'Friday Favorites' post for probably three weeks now. And of course, like typical fashion I am finally getting to that post.
1. Technology - If you're not pinning, you're not #winning. Pinterest is the next big thing. (I promise!) If you want a new recipe, to-do project, or a wonderful quote to inspire your day then create an account and start pinning. I have 9 different 'boards' that range from craft/holiday ideas, fashion tips, wedding ideas for when that big day finally arrives and much much more. You can follow fellow pals and see what great internet finds they are pinning.
2. Food - I am all about a new recipe or twist on the old classics. My dad is the cook that doesn't use recipes so liking something he makes is impossible to recreate. Well, whenever he's off work, the man whips up something delicious and full of protein. (Southern Men = meat and 3) Shocking, one of his specialties are lettuce wraps. Needless to say, last night I created my own version. A very simple light meal that fills you up! Sauteed red & orange bell peppers, onions, chicken (cut in small, small pieces) with peanuts in soy sauce with a dab of garlic and balsamic vinegar. When finally wrapped in lettuce garnished with sprouts!
3. Home - Now this is a tricky one. Maybe because I'm finally out of campus housing or maybe because the fact that I have always admired how my mother decorates our home. But currently, I am obsessed with a good house plant/flowers! Mama and I checked out Knoxville's Farmer's Market about a month ago. We found an adorable orange watering can that had a orange and yellow flowering plant (kind of daisy/marigold mixture) inside with some white flowering filler. It's the perfect welcome decoration for our front door. Now, only I need a mat & door decoration!4. Fashion - I'm all for chain shopping but sometimes, it's all about a good boutique and some online shopping. I've found some wonderful websites (I can't take all the credit - my sister told me about them) with everything from casual to party attire at a reasonable price with great shipping prices & return policies. Needless to say, I have a few new additions to my game day dress collection. (Go Vols! It's Football Time in TN in T-28.5 hours)
Have a safe weekend, watch a football game and be thankful.
xoxo,
Good Golly
No comments:
Post a Comment