Thursday, March 23, 2017

What did you play growing up?

Nature Valley of Canada recently published a video asking three generations what they played while growing up. Seems like a simple question for many generations.  For me, I put my dad's pliers down crawdad holes to pull them out, used flower beds at bases during backyard kickball or baseball, road bikes or roller blades with the neighborhood kids to the hidden trail to go eat honeysuckle and see the hidden lake.

Here's the video, if you haven't seen it yet - Nature Valley ad

My boyfriend called me a yuppie when we first started dating because I was the city girl, he was the country boy...but I have to say, while I did grow up in the "city," I still played outside until my mother called us home to wash up before dinner.

I hope many families see this video and realize the importance of unplugging, getting your hands and feet dirty, and breathing in the fresh air...especially now that Spring has arrive and the nights are getting longer.

Try to spend a little extra time outside today,
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment