Thursday, February 16, 2017

It's okay to be selfish

As a mid-twenty young, "professional" student, I've come to learn the following since graduating from undergrad.
  1. Making friends while adulting is hard.
  2. College friends truly are the best types of friends.
  3. You get less fit because you sit at a desk all day.
  4. Meals occur at any time during the day.
  5. Me time is rare.
Throughout graduate school, taking care of myself has fallen off my radar, but with a new year comes new wishes [and resolutions].

So far, there have been 46 days into 2017, what have you done to be better in 2017 than 2016?

I can proudly say, for the first 31 days I participated in 'Sober January,' began reading for pleasure, and started working out 3-4 times a week.  Recently, I've been a little frustrated discouraged to keep waking up at 4:30am because the scale isn't moving; however, this morning I tried on an older [ill-fitting] pair of jeans and well, I am now wearing them!

As we finish another week of 2017, what are you doing to take care of yourself? 
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment