Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pumpkin Candles, Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Decorations ...

Since it's officially fall outside,  I picked up the ingredients for one of my fall favorites. This favorite isn't a family secret, but it's from one of my best friends' mom. Ms. Heidi made these when we use to help with their youngest fall party. Little did I ever realize, it's off the jar of Libby's Pumpkin Puree so here is the recipe - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Adam walked in right when the first tray of muffins was going into the oven. All he could see was the batter and looked so confused - he knows I'm not the biggest raisin fan, yet there were these dark dots in the batter. If only he know what he was about to taste. Needless to say, I got a text the next day "your muffins are REALLY good". Glad he liked them ... there are only 35 more to eat!

Use 2 large mixing bowls, I didn't have enough (mine were dirty in the dishwasher) so I mixed all the ingredients into one bowl. Add 3C flour, 5 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning (I added 3 tsp cloves and 3 tsp all spice since I didn't have pumpkin pie seasoning on hand), 2 tsp baking soda, and 1 1/2 tsp salt into a bowl and mix. Then, in a separate bowl or to this bowl add the liquid ingredients - 3C granulated sugar, 15 oz pumpkin puree, 4 beaten large eggs, 1/2C vegetable oil, and 1/2C water (or orange juice). Once everything is added, well combine. I always mix with a hand mixer on medium speed.

Grease a muffin baking tray or place cupcake liners into your tray. Using an ice cream scoop, dish out 1 scoop per cupcake. That will fill the cup about 3/4 of the way full. You'll bake these muffins for 20 minutes at 350oF. Make sure the insides are done plus the top isn't too sticky. WARNING ** My batter made 3 dozen muffins and the muffins only get more moist with time. I sometimes leave the storage lid off. **
Batter ready to be dished out
So many to eat
Enjoy warm or cold and always with a glass of chilled milk!

Happy Fall Y'all (and baking)!
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment