Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Color Me #Rad

I never thought the day would come where I paid $30 to be boomed with paint and run a 5k for the Special Olympics of Tennessee, but it did arrive this weekend!

On Friday, I traveled to Nashville for a weekend with a dear friend and my big in Zeta Tau Alpha, Miss Pekarsk-ing Around. After almost missing race packet pick-up, we got our goodies and enjoyed a long overdue lazy Friday night of watching "Bride Day" on TLC.
Color Me Rad 5k goodies
We laid out clothes and set an early alarm for 6:30. Tutus and all! I woke up spelling "no r-a-i-n-i-n-g". Unfortunately, I was wrong! When we left for the race, it was finishing up a morning shower. So our morning stretch was a quick 1-mile jog to the starting line.
When we were all clean
Waiting for the race
Running a race 'unplug' was a little different, for me, but I enjoyed it. We got hit with 5 colors at various spots along the course. Caroline and I planned on actually having a true fun run, since usually we are always training for another distance race. In typical runners fashion ... we had a 10'0" split! 
A bit more colorful than before
Waiting for the celebration color bomb
#rad
Finish Line Color Bomb
Nothing says a girls weekend like brunch! Caroline and I enjoyed french toast, blueberry pancakes, apple juice and chocolate milk at 417 Union after a decoloring ourselves and before the Vols game. Sadly, we lost the game, but luckily Caroline and I napped through the second half. Oopies! The weekend wrapped with Papa John's, sweats, and more football on the couch with a side of Bridesmaids. Nothing gave us a bigger 'deja vu' to life in Laurel/my freshman year and her sophomore year!
Got milk?
 Go do something colorful!
Good Golly

Ps I am so glad we were able to finally get together this month in our big girl apartments! zlam, your nitcase

1 comment: