The summer has been a relaxing yet busy one. I am grateful to have been able to enjoy it with family and friends. I couldn't have imaged a better way to finish one page in my autobiography and turn the page to start the next.
Of course many nights spent with 'the girls' as I commonly reference them in small talk. These are the girls that have made college have the memories it has, especially over the last two years.
If this summer wasn't spent at wine nights, then it was for sure spent at weddings! To kick off the wedding season of 2013, the first member of our pledge class got hitched. I can hope Misty and Andrew celebrate many more years together.
One of my dear friends from college got hitched in Charleston to one heck of a guy. Thankfully, one of my pledge sisters and I made the roadtrip to witness one of the most romantic weddings I've ever been to. I could not be more happy for Kaitlyn and Matthew. I wish them the absolute very best.
And I got to take a much need and long overdue trip to the beach. I don't care what anyone says, how can the roar of the ocean and the warm salty air not relax you and make you enjoy life. Yes, it was just the three of us for a family vacay, but I enjoyed spending some time with my folks. Plus going to Florida in August is the way to go ... yes limited people watching but you don't have to fight for a spot at 6am. We ate more than our weight in oysters, but there is no better place to enjoy them than on the coast.
Go Vols!
Good Golly






No comments:
Post a Comment