Monday, December 31, 2012

There Ain't No Place I'd Rather Be

"Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be;

Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee."

Yes, I do believe the Grateful Dead sung it best. Baby, please carry me back to Tennessee are words I will proudly sing at the top of my lungs until the day I die. So as you can tell, this blog post will be the 1st in a 10 day blog challenge. Today's post is suppose to be a list of 10 reasons why I love my job. Well considering in my opinion, my job is school - this post is about why I love bleeding orange. UT orange that is.

10 Reasons Why I Love The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
1. Zeta Tau Alpha: This could have easily been all 10 reasons why I love UTK. Zeta has been my home away from home, my family & friends, my support system, my inspiration, and my guidance over these last four years! 

2. The College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources: If it wasn't for this college, I wouldn't have truly found what I am 'good' at and myself during college. I love every day over there - the gardens, professors, and ease of everyone.
 
3. Fear the SealThere is nothing like watching students avoid walking across the seal, like it's the plague. It has been said if you walk across the seal before you're an alumni, you will not graduate within 4 years! 

4. Neyland StadiumYou cannot beat this stadium and atmosphere during a home football game win or lose - #9 loudest and #3 largest!

5. Ayers Hall: Sitting upon the infamous 'Hill', this building has given us on the hourly chimes and famous checkerboard pattern.

6. The Great Smokey Mountains: Luckily UTK is nestled on the cusp of the Great Smokey Mountains. Not only is it beautiful but a great place to go hiking, shopping, or to relax!

7. The Rock: Yes, we can legally graffiti campus. There have been everything from proposals to simple artwork. I have to say I have painted it a few times!

8. Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE) Boxing Tournament: There is no better weekend to visit Knoxville. Nothing like watching fraternity brothers take on fellow fraternity brothers for Golden Glove Charities and their personal glory. Attending an event that is considered a must-do in college!

9. The River: We have the GSM but also the beautiful Tennessee River runs right behind campus. It makes running the Greenway beautiful year around.

10. Rocky Top: You might think our fight song is annoying, but I have to say it's pretty dang popular. Who doesn't know it?! At bars it will cost you a couple Andrew Jackson's to make it stop!


Go Vols!
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment