Sunday, September 2, 2012

We get the corner couch, now?!

Seriously ... we kind of care (well in a sense)

It was Fall 2009, I had just been left in a new city with a roommate that I knew and an older sister who lived (what seemed forever off campus) a few blocks away in 'The Fort'. 

As a typical freshman, I went through recruitment. I knew I wanted to go greek ... I had done everything right. And I happend to have some very ambitious aunts/cousins/grandmother/mother/sister who were already greek women. While trying to figure out that meals only worked during certain times and to carry an umbrella with me 24/7, I was also trying to make one of the biggest choices of my life. I went through recruitment with the mindset of finding a sisterhood ... to one day recall stories to and show off my terrible clothing - just like my parents. Little did I ever realize what would truly happen ... 

waiting ... 
enough said
Now Zeta Tau Alpha sisters, too
I pledged to join the best sisterhood for me. A place that has provided me with best friends and the support system I could have ever imagined. These women have been the ones to ask how an exam turn out or to encourage me to apply for internships and of course the ladies to get me ready when I'm running about not 'liking' anything in my closet. 

Zeta Tau Alpha is more than 3 words, 2 colors, and a crown ... it's been a home for the last 3 years! It's given me my laughter, cries, and joys. I can only hope that your new home provides you with those as well. I hope that you find a niche in your university to shine. An organization that will only enhance the beautiful person you are, not alter you.

As I look back on the last three years and I wonder what this final one holds in store. I think back on all of these memories and more ...
Bid Days
LipSync

Kicking Out Breast Cancer


painting 'The Rock'
race morning set-up



All-Sing

Habitat Build


Sorority Village

date parties



tailgating games

pink out games

Race for the Cure

3 Day for ZTA

mixers

family

formals

2011 ZTA Gamma Chis

birthdays

Laurel life

Panhellenic (old and new) Executive Board

2012 - Gamma Chi buddy
Homecoming
Pledge Class retreats

Spring Breaks

Volapalooza






















So ladies, enjoy this whirlwind and welcome to this wonderful sisterhood!

xo,
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment