Thursday, August 2, 2012

gammmcheeee #GammaChiprobs

Recruitment is officially 15 days away .... yeah!!!!! 

UTK Panhellenic Exec Board
3 years ago = being that PNM
2 years ago = errands 24/7
1 year ago = 100s of invitations, decorating a table, filling a box full of girly necessities
2012 = ΓX part II ... as a member of Panhellenic Executive Board

While I know those 8 days will not be the same as any of the previous times, it will be another amazing year! Some cannot stand recruitment but there is nothing I love more. To see that passion and excitement in a young woman's eyes makes me so happy. It brings me back to the night I feel in love what my chapter. Those women that made me love our sisterhood. And all the embarrassing stories that quickly arrived.

PNMs out there, here is my advice for you.
ΓX buddy, Rachel
1. Be yourself! Seriously otherwise you'll live a lie for the rest of your life. This isn't a 4 year thing. It's a lifetime sisterhood and promise.
2. Laugh and smile. Just make sure you don't snort or have a smile glued on.
3. Don't over do it. That means hair, make-up, jewelry, clothes, and most importantly perfumes/lotion.
4. Go with your gut. Don't copy a friend or hell follow a friend/family member. As rad as it was to have my sister in my initiation, I would have hated to picked my sisterhood based on her. While my blood sister and I are sisters of a difference bond, 2 of my roommates aren't in my sisterhood. That means double the amount of friends!
5. Remember as much as you can! Seriously, there are songs and even outfits that will always make my think of being 18 and going through recruitment. Maybe it's because I balled through preference [yes, I was the crier] or the fact that my dress unzipped itself. Hey my chapter still wanted me!

Gamma Chi's 2012
All in all, best of luck! Use your Gamma Chis/Rho Chis/Rho Gammas whatever they are called at your college/university. We are here for all, but really.

So GChis out there ... here's to us! The crying girls, late nights, early mornings, cramming to finish invitations, walke-talkes, clipboards, fanny packs, finding hidden energy and becoming great friends!

xo 'sisters',
Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment