Sunday, July 15, 2012

That's Just the Way We Roll

OH . MY . GOODNESS .

Can you believe we are half-way through the month of July?! Meaning that Summer 2012 is almost over. I would have never dreamed these last few months could have been real life.

June ... my 21st birthday enough said but it also consisted of a 'business' trip to Las Vegas


July ... some more 21st birthday celebrations, my older sister's birthday AND the Team USA Olympic swimming practices in Knoxville

and August ... RECRUITMENT 2012!


This summer has been one for the books! I sometimes wonder how this curly headed, blue-eyed girl lucked out with such an amazing family, some pretty awesome friends, and one great education. As I begin finalizing my final summer as an undergraduate student, I start to wonder who I will become and where I will go. Luckily, with my degree the locations are limitless. Who knows when or where I will attend graduate school. Who knows where my first job will be or where I will be sitting in one year from now. What I do know is that I have some pretty stellar girlfriends.

This past weekend, enough said! I spent the last 72-ish hours with my best friend, Caroline. She is one of my dearest friends and someone I always enjoy spending time with. She will forever make me laugh, be one of my strongest supports but also one of my toughest critics. She is beautiful and intelligent and so comfortable being herself. something that i wish i was

Now, we might not be able to recall all the events of this weekend. But as we lay in bed and flip through pictures, we simply shake our heads and laugh. There is no judging between us. Only new memories and laughs. As we recap her 21st birthday, I think of how she will be at all the next big hurdles in my life ... graduation, marriage, kiddos, and many more birthdays!

I couldn't image the last 3 years of my life without her and now I can't image my future. As we laugh about poor choices, terrible ex-boyfriends, & good times too, we only grow closer.

My mom & dad have these same friends. The ones that you share so many memories and bonds with that they become apart of you and your family. The ones that make the Christmas card list and are called 'Uncle and Aunt'.

So Veazie, here are to many more nights like these, days lounging poolside, & parties to plan but no more icing. Thank-you for late night Skyping, cuddle sessions, 'tradition pic' and being my best friend.

xoxo
Good Golly

"Just shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel"


No comments:

Post a Comment