For all of you out there, I'm not a reader unless it's the 'M' section of my local newspaper, People, or PerezHilton. I know awful to admit but reading has never been my forte.
Summer X, I found a "trilogy". It's all about life in the South (and more specifically, life in the Mississippi Delta) If you're a true born and raised southern gal you'll find these hysterical. They are so true to life! Not only the lingo but also how crazy some people become over the little things (like gossip, weddings, babies, and relationships). Like how "mother" is pronouced 'Muh-thua' and how chances are if you're being a nice fella home for the first time, someone already knows his whole life story (i.e., your father, mother, grandmother or grandfather). And how there will always be that school to the North ... Go Dawgs!
"Nobody eats better than the bereaved Southerner. We celebrate weddings, christenings, birthdays, and just about every milestone in life with food. But every southerner knows that death cooking is our very best."- Being Dead is No Excuse
"How could I be overdrawn?" the Southern mother expresses her financial wisdom in a nutshell. "I still have three checks" - Some Day You'll Thank me for this
“Olive oil is like whiskey—buy the best you can afford.” - Somebody is going to die if Lilly Beth doesn't catch that bouquet
Now as for Summer 2011 ... I've found my new 'triology'. Too bad this one is really five books. And one is now a movie (which if you haven't seen, go tonight). Yes, I'm talking about Emily Giffin. I am already on my third book in a week and a half. For being a non-reader, I'd say I have a new addiction or at the very least, a new favorite author.
So if you're looking for some great summer reads, I've given you eight. Now take a trip to your local library!
You can find me on the porch with a glass of sweet tea & my new book ...
-Good Golly
No comments:
Post a Comment