Thursday, June 6, 2013

What You've Never Been There?!

This seems to be a common statement for anyone who has lived in the same town for a few years? Case in point me ...

As a born and raised Memphian, I like to think I have seen it all. Here's the reality check, I haven't. Not even close. There are still those cute little shops or great hidden restaurants that t.v. shows and blogs tell me about my own city! Well even though I have spent the last 4 years of my life and the next 2 for sure in Knoxville, I am still missing out on a few key locations.

So this summer, I have made a list. I know I'm a day late on my Wednesday Lineup so here it is.

My Knoxville Summer To-Do List:
1. Long's Drugstore
2. The Joe - yes Cotton Eyed Joe
3. Wright's Cafe
4. Gourmet Market
5. The Bluffs
6. The Ag Gardens/Ag Farmers Market
7. Beer Market
8. Ijams Nature Center
9. Hot Rod's 50s Diner
10. Hiking in The Great Smoky Mountains

Side note:  I have officially been to The Joe as of last night. We went to the Chris Cagle concert there. And I have now actually walked through the Ag gardens and no just run along the outskirts. I still want to go to the Farmers Market, thought! Lastly, I have been hiking in the mountains, but it's always been in the Fall. I want to see the sights in the summertime!

Good Golly

No comments:

Post a Comment