Monday, January 28, 2013

Oh What a Night

Yes, I have you singing on a Monday morning. Nothing better in my opinion. Just in case you need a Monday pick-me-up ...

Some hate Mondays . . . they are the sign that the work week has begun again, the weekend is no more, that headache could be real life, or how that lingering exam/assignment due date is approaching! For me, they begin with a 6:15 visit to Barre3 and time to watch The Today Show, clean my room, make my bed (which apparently has too many pillows), and be fully prepared for the week/day ahead.

As I reflect on these past weekends, I cannot help but smile. My friends truly are the best - rather they force me to go out with them, come over just to play Apples to Apples, or choose to ask me a 1000 questions about the night. This post is not about friends, it is how at 21-years-old I still have about as much self confidence as a naked mole rat; it's true. I was told on Sunday morning, that I guess I am eating my own words now. Well, case in point I am. Sometimes you need to be "alive and free" according to Keith Urban. It's something I never listen to. My roommate and I were talking about how we could not believe we were those seniors, the cool ones you saw at chapter, the carefree & happy ones! 

So here's to turning over a new leaf that some of my closest friends are probably glad is finally happening. Each one of us has something wonderful to offer this world. Each one of us has our faults, but what we do not realize is that those 'faults' that make us great. Spend today thinking positively & reflecting on what you add to friendships, class discussions, and your personal self.

If you're lookin' good, you'll be feelin' good!
Good Golly


No comments:

Post a Comment