What's a day without a list?! If you know me, you know lists get made frequently if not multiple times a day. Today being no different than those days, here I am making a list of things I need to finish by this summer, week, or by today. And we all know how they turn out. Some tasks become complete others get bumped to the next day or simply off the list. Yes, we're almost half way thru with the year so you might think I can't get this one accomplished but I'm going to work my fanny off trying.
Run my full marathon - I'm aiming for the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis if my exam schedule will allow. There is no better race for me to run and make it my 1st (and probably only) 26.2 miles. What an amazing cause and hospital here in Memphis.
![]() |
| Let's hope I can be this cheerful after 26.2! |
All I can say is T-159 days!
And here is all the encouragement I need ...
"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian
So I ask for support as I start these long running days all over again. If you spot me running towards Kroger on Kingston Pike, that means it's at least a 10 mile day. Make sure I'm home in 2 hours or less.
Safe routes,
malbin
P.S. In checking the exam schedule, it's a go! Supportive thoughts start NOW

Sadly, the St. Jude Half and Full Marathon filled up before the end of July! I am missing out for another year. :(
ReplyDelete